Job Announcement: Executive AssistantThursday, February 9, 2017
The East Bay Community Law Center (EBCLC) is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to its Executive Director. The ideal candidate is a good humored and extremely organized individual with excellent judgment and discretion, strong writing skills, a flexible and proactive attitude, and a commitment to EBCLC’s mission. The position reports to the Executive Director.
EBCLC is a non-profit legal services organization and the community-based clinical program for Berkeley Law School. We are committed to increasing justice through education and advocacy. With close to 50 staff, 150 law students, and a nearly $5 million annual budget, EBCLC is the largest provider of free legal services in Alameda County and provides multimodal, collaborative, and holistic services to over 5,000 clients yearly.
- Provide general administrative and organizational support to the Executive Director, and EBCLC’s executive management team as needed, including the following:
- Scheduling, meeting and appointment coordination
- Communications assistance, including to respond to routine correspondence and field a variety of email and telephone inquiries
- Maintain contact lists
- Organize, implement and maintain filing systems for senior management staff
- Travel logistics and expense reporting
- Other support as needed
- Support management, program, and supervisor meetings by maintaining calendars, arranging logistics for meetings, taking and circulating notes, and providing follow-up action items
- Maintain an office-wide internal calendar for meetings, trainings and other vital program activities
- Help to update EBCLC’s website with current content and news articles
- Help to amplify EBCLC’s social media presence (Twitter, Facebook and YouTube), ensuring content accurately reflects EBCLC’s activities and includes significant events, outreach and news stories
- Provide administrative and coordination support for EBCLC’s Clinical Program
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- B.A. Degree; Associates Degree accepted with 2 years administrative or other similar experience
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated time-management, priority-setting and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer services skills
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact in handling confidential and/or sensitive matters
- Excellent written communications skills
- Friendly, independent self-starter and outstanding team player
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-changing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and WordPress; proficiency in HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite helpful
- Previous experience supporting an executive level position in a non-profit setting preferred
- Willingness to make a 2-year commitment to the position
This is a full-time non-exempt (hourly) position; nonprofit salary commensurate with experience; generous benefits package includes 100% employer-funded medical, dental, and vision plans (including dependent coverage), paid time off, and retirement options.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample to email@example.com (include “Executive Assistant” in subject line) no later than Monday, February 28, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interviews may be scheduled prior to the closing date.
EBCLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an inclusive, welcoming, and culturally responsive environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. EBCLC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or prior contact with the criminal justice system. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities.