Job Announcement: Executive AssistantMonday, December 2, 2019
- Provide general administrative and organizational support to the Executive Director, and EBCLC’s executive management team as needed, including the following:
- Scheduling, meeting and appointment coordination
- Communications assistance, including to respond to routine correspondence and field a variety of email and telephone inquiries
- Maintain contact lists
- Organize, implement and maintain filing systems for senior management staff
- Travel logistics and expense reporting
- Other support as needed
- Support management, program, and supervisor meetings by maintaining calendars, arranging logistics for meetings, taking and circulating notes, and providing follow-up action items
- Maintain an office-wide internal calendar for meetings, training’s and other vital program activities
- Help to update EBCLC’s website with current content and news articles
- Help to amplify EBCLC’s social media presence (Twitter, Facebook and YouTube), ensuring content accurately reflects EBCLC’s activities and includes significant events, outreach and news stories
- Provide administrative and coordination support for EBCLC’s Clinical Program
- Serves as a key liaison between Executive Director, Executive Management and the Wellness Committee. Will help amplify a positive Wellness Culture within EBCLC, to include serving on the EBCLC Wellness Committee, and providing vital logistical support of Wellness events in collaboration with the Wellness Committee and HR.
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Who You Are:
- You are detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills. You take pride in your work product and are able to juggle multiple demands without compromising accuracy.
- You are flexible and responsive. Change doesn’t intimidate you, and you thrive in evolving and developing environments.
- You are an effective communicator. You tailor communication to meet the needs of various stakeholders and actively listen to those around you.
- You love working with people. You learn from others, share what you know with those around you, and truly care about the people you work with.
- You are familiar with and interested in providing stellar Customer Care at all times to both internal and external stakeholders. You have beyond a baseline experience in the power of providing a high level of customer service and are committed to continuously expand and develop your knowledge. Previous experience within a non-profit setting a plus!
- You are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. You believe these principles should be considered in every decision and are vital to the health of an organization.
- You value self-care. Self-Care isn’t just a new trend word to you, it’s your ability to connect with practices that help you show up happy, healthy and whole.
- 2 years administrative or other similar experience
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated time-management, priority-setting and organizational skills
- Understanding of and commitment to Racial Justice
- Experience collaborating with and/or providing strong customer service to people at various intersections including undocumented persons, homeless and marginally housed individuals, LGBTQI persons, non-binary people, youth, English as a second language learners, people with disabilities, transgender persons, and formerly incarcerated persons. A lived experience that reflects these communities is highly desirable;
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact in handling confidential and/or sensitive matters
- Excellent written communications skills
- Friendly, independent self-starter and outstanding team player
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-changing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, Outlook Google Suite and WordPress; proficiency in HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite helpful
- Previous experience supporting an executive level position in a non-profit setting preferred
- Willingness to make a 2-year commitment to the position
Salary & Benefits:
Starting salary for this exempt position is $48,000 to $68,000/year based on number of years of prior relevant experience, dictated by EBCLC’s salary scale.
Benefits include 100% fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision) for employees and dependents, life and disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick and holidays); EBCLC also offers flexible spending accounts for qualified health, dependent care, and commuter costs; retirement options; and professional development support.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Jobs@ebclc.org (please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line). The position is available in January.
Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis and will begin initial application reviews as early as December 10, 2019.
We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. EBCLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal justice system, or any other basis prohibited by law.