We Do Not Live Single Issue Lives: A Conversation on Race, COVID-19, and EBCLC’s Holistic Recovery Plan.Thursday, June 25, 2020
As the largest provider of legal services to Black and Brown families, to undocumented individuals, and to low-income people in the Bay Area, the East Bay Community Law Center is committed to imagining radical social and political shifts, while considering the risks we must take to achieve them. Please join us on Thursday, July 9th from 11AM-1PM for a virtual conversation on how the current trifecta of crises have impacted our clients and how we are leveraging the power of our staff, students, clients, and community partners to center racial equity and transform lives.
- Introductory Remarks by Zoë Polk, Executive Director
- Panel Moderated by Luan Huynh, Board Member
- Theo Cuison, Director, Immigration Clinic
- Wendy Hernandez, Social Worker, Immigration Clinic
- Oscar Lopez, Interim Director, Education Advocacy Clinic
- Ingrid Murillo, Paralegal, Health and Welfare Clinic
- Jael Myrick, Co-Director, Clean Slate Clinic
- Seema N. Patel, Clinical Director
- Hewot Shankute, Clinical Supervisor & Staff Attorney, Community Economic Justice Clinic
- Miguel Soto, Clinical Supervisor & Staff Attorney, Consumer Justice Clinic
- Linda Yu, Interim Director, Housing
- Community Q&A
Register via this Eventbrite page for the information you need to attend this virtual event. The event will also be streamed on Facebook LIVE.
Follow us on Twitter @ebclcnews for events updates using #NoSingleIssueLives
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about our equity initiatives, visit www.ebclc.org