- Support EBCLC’s recruitment and hiring process, including:
- post job announcements internally & externally and process applications
- maintain internal tracking documents related to applicants and hiring decisions
- coordinate the hiring process with internal hiring committees in line with EBCLC’s hiring policies and practices
- Assist with employee on-boarding, including:
- complete required paperwork and communicate organizational policies & procedures
- coordinate employee on-boarding with the administrative and IT groups
- provide information about employee benefits and assist employees with benefit enrollments and changes
- Assist with managing EBCLC employee benefits programs, including:
- track, confirm and update employee benefits in various on-line platforms
- ensure monthly medical, dental/vision and life insurance invoices accurately reflect employee benefit selections; resolve identified issues with benefits brokers
- coordinate EBCLC’s Commuter checks program, sending monthly reminders and updating enrollment information as needed
- track employees’ use of EBCLC wellness programs including gym reimbursement and annual wellness allotments
- Engage in labor relations including providing bargaining strategy and administrative support and grievance processing and resolution.
- Act as the first line of response for employee questions and concerns
- Assist with in-house financial transactions and data entry, including:
- assist with processing invoices and other payment requests, ensuring they comply with EBCLC guidelines and contain appropriate documentation
- assist with processing incoming receipts and payments, as assigned by Finance Manager
- maintain vendor and payee files with payment documentation on a fiscal year basis
- make bank deposits
- Assist with the contract invoicing process, by assembling appropriate back-up documentation to support invoices and other tasks as assigned
- Assist with the semi-monthly payroll process, including to maintain leave records and share that information on a monthly basis with supervisors
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Who You Are:
- You are detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills. You take pride in your work product and are able to juggle multiple demands without compromising accuracy.
- You are flexible and responsive. Change doesn’t intimidate you, and you thrive in evolving and developing environments.
- You are an effective communicator.You tailor communication to meet the needs of various stakeholders and actively listen to those around you.
- You love working with people. You learn from others, share what you know with those around you, and truly care about the people you work with.
- You are familiar with and interested in Human Resources and/or Finance & Accounting functions in a non-profit setting. You have baseline experience in the basic areas of Human Resources and Finance and are committed to continuously expand and develop your knowledge.
- You are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. You believe these principles should be considered in every decision and are vital to the health of an organization.
Salary & Benefits:
Starting salary for this non-exempt (hourly) position is $23.63/hour to $34.62/hour based on number of years of prior relevant experience, dictated by EBCLC’s salary scale.
Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision) for employees and dependents, life and disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick and holidays); EBCLC also offers flexible spending accounts for qualified health, dependent care, and commuter costs; retirement options; and professional development support.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Jobs@ebclc.org (please include “HR-Finance Coordinator” in the subject line). The position is available immediately.
Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis and will begin initial application reviews as early as October 21, 2019.
We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. EBCLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal justice system, or any other basis prohibited by law.