The Homelessness program advocates for the civil and human rights of people experiencing homelessness. Our services are mainly provided through community outreach, and includes legal advice and representation on:
- Encampment eviction
- Property and vehicle confiscation
- Reasonable accommodation requests to City Government and Transitional Housing Providers
- Parental rights related to homelessness
- Affidavit support for people experiencing homelessness to obtain free identification and birth certificates
- Rights related to transitional housing
How to Access our Services
Please call (510) 548-4040 and leave a message for the Homelessness team. Clearly state your full name, your phone number, and a brief description of your issue.
Eligibility for Services
We will determine your eligibility for services after we have completed an intake assessment. In general, our services are available to people who are experiencing homelessness in Alameda county.
For information about other service providers who may be able to help with your issue, please see our Homelessness referrals page.