Clean Slate referrals

San Francisco County

Traffic court information

Traffic Court Website

Traffic Ticket Lookup

Ability to Pay Form

Instructions for Petition to Vacate Civil Assessment

Traffic Court Phone Number: (415) 551-8550

Financial Hardship? Fill out Ability to Pay form, attach bank statement and proof of benefits (if applicable), submit to the clerk’s office or mail it in (but send it certified mail because due to high mail volumes it can take a long time for the mail to be processed).

If your ticket is in collections you can still submit an Ability to Pay form but the judge will not put you on a payment plan — collections handles payment plans at that point.

If you have a civil assessment fee you can ask the clerks for the request form to ask the court to vacate that fee.

Driver’s License Hold/Suspension for Failure to Appear? Pay in full

Criminal records remedies

San Francisco County Public Defender’s Office

Get Legal Advice

If you need more information or support than what our resources above can provide, please contact us to speak to a member of our team.

Contact Us

Disclaimer: *The East Bay Community Law Center provides free legal services to eligible East Bay clients. Specific service criteria vary by subject matter and change over time, so please contact the office with any specific questions. EBCLC cannot provide legal information or advice via email. Please contact us during regular intake hours to determine eligibility for services.