Clean Slate referrals

Tulare County

Traffic court information

Traffic Court Website

Traffic Ticket Lookup

Ability to Pay Form

Traffic Court Phone Number: (559) 730-5000

Financial Hardship? If your ticket is not yet in collections, you can request to go before the judge to ask for a reduction due to financial hardship.

If your ticket is in collections, you can submit a Fines and Fees reduction request form to the collections unit. The traffic clerks and the collections unit will fax the form upon request. The collections unit will determine if you qualify for a payment plan modification (which they can place you on without referring your case to the judge) and/or if your case should be referred to the judge regarding a fine or fee reduction.

If you have a civil assessment fee you can write a letter explaining your circumstances and requesting that the fee be vacated. You may need to appear in court to get the fee removed.

Driver’s License Hold/Suspension for Failure to Appear? If you have a mandatory appearance, you will need to appear in court and the judge might remove the hold. If you do not have a mandatory appearance, you can get the hold removed by setting up a payment plan with collections and making your first payment (if your ticket is with court collections and has not been sent to an outside collections agency, monthly payments are usually set at $150 per month).

Criminal records remedies

Central California Legal Services

Tulare County Public Defender’s Office

  • Website:
  • Visalia Office
    • Address: 221 South Mooney Boulevard, Visalia, CA 93291
    • Phone: (559) 636-4500
  • Porterville Office
    • Address: 633 North Westwood Street, Porterville, CA 93257
    • Phone: (559) 782-6960

Superior Court of Tulare County

Get Legal Advice

If you need more information or support than what our resources above can provide, please contact us to speak to a member of our team.

Contact Us

Disclaimer: *The East Bay Community Law Center provides free legal services to eligible East Bay clients. Specific service criteria vary by subject matter and change over time, so please contact the office with any specific questions. EBCLC cannot provide legal information or advice via email. Please contact us during regular intake hours to determine eligibility for services.