Clean Slate referrals

Monterey County

Traffic court information

Traffic Court Website

Traffic Ticket Lookup

Ability to Pay and Civil Assessment Request Form

Traffic Court Phone Number: (831) 883-5300 option 1, then option 0

Financial Hardship? Submit Ability to Pay form by the due date on your ticket. Once your case has been referred to a collections agency, you must contact them directly to make payment arrangements. If you meet one of the Court’s good cause criteria for failing to appear or pay, you must submit a Petition to Vacate Civil Assessment through the Monterey County Revenue Division. They will review your Petition and if you meet the good cause criteria, the $300 civil assessment will be vacated (but you will still have to pay your original fine)

Driver’s License Hold/Suspension for Failure to Appear? Contact collections. You can go on a payment plan and the hold will be removed once you make your first payment.

Criminal records remedies

Monterey County Public Defender’s Office

  • Website:

  • Address: 168 West Alisal, 2nd Floor, Salinas, CA 93901
  • Phone: (831) 755-5058

Get Legal Advice

If you need more information or support than what our resources above can provide, please contact us to speak to a member of our team.

Contact Us

Disclaimer: *The East Bay Community Law Center provides free legal services to eligible East Bay clients. Specific service criteria vary by subject matter and change over time, so please contact the office with any specific questions. EBCLC cannot provide legal information or advice via email. Please contact us during regular intake hours to determine eligibility for services.