Clean Slate referrals

Santa Cruz County

Traffic court information

Traffic Court Website

Traffic Ticket Lookup

Ability to Pay Plea Form

Modification Request Form

Traffic Court Phone Number: (831) 420-2200

Financial Hardship? If your ticket is not in collections, fill out and submit (via mail or fax or in person) Plea Form SUPTVM057 to request an Ability to Pay determination. If you have a Failure to Pay or are already on a payment plan, complete Form SUPTVM056 instead (this is a modification request). You can request a reduction in monthly payments, modification in payments, or community service. You do not have to appear in court, and you will get response in the mail. The court will freeze your payment deadlines while they are making a decision about your request.

You cannot directly ask the court for a reduction when your ticket is in collections. You will need to contact the collections agency. They have their own financial hardship forms which they will send you. You can then return the completed forms to the collections office which will review them and sends them to the judge to make the ultimate decision on a reduction/modification request.

Driver’s License Hold/Suspension for Failure to Appear? The collections agency handles the process. If you get on a payment plan the hold will be cleared after your first payment.

Criminal records remedies

Santa Cruz County Public Defender’s Office

Watsonville Law Center


Get Legal Advice

If you need more information or support than what our resources above can provide, please contact us to speak to a member of our team.

Contact Us

Disclaimer: *The East Bay Community Law Center provides free legal services to eligible East Bay clients. Specific service criteria vary by subject matter and change over time, so please contact the office with any specific questions. EBCLC cannot provide legal information or advice via email. Please contact us during regular intake hours to determine eligibility for services.