Clean Slate referrals

San Benito County

Traffic court information

Traffic Court Website

Traffic Ticket Lookup

Traffic Court Phone Number: (831) 636-4057, Option 2

Financial Hardship? If your ticket is not yet in collections, you can ask the clerks in person or by mail to give you an Agreement to Pay and Forfeit Bail in Installments form. Fill out and submit the form and your first payment in person or by mail. Minimum payments are $75 per month, but you could go before the judge (by going to the clerk’s office or calling them and getting on the judge’s calendar) and request that the judge impose a reduced monthly payment plan. It is possible that the judge might set the fine below $75. Walk-in court is Friday 8:00 to 10:00 am. Get there at 8:00 or earlier.

If your ticket is in collections you will have to go through the Franchise Tax Board to request changes to your payment. When a case gets sent to collections you should get a 10 day notice which gives you an option to pay in full and file a petition to vacate the civil assessment fee. After that you generally cannot get that fee vacated.

Driver’s License Hold/Suspension for Failure to Appear? Come to walk-in court on Fridays between 8 AM and 10, AM. The hold will be removed once you appear (or you could pay in full instead of appearing).

Criminal records remedies

San Benito County Superior Court

Get Legal Advice

If you need more information or support than what our resources above can provide, please contact us to speak to a member of our team.

Contact Us

Disclaimer: *The East Bay Community Law Center provides free legal services to eligible East Bay clients. Specific service criteria vary by subject matter and change over time, so please contact the office with any specific questions. EBCLC cannot provide legal information or advice via email. Please contact us during regular intake hours to determine eligibility for services.