Clean Slate referrals

Sacramento County

Traffic court information

Traffic Court Website

Traffic Ticket Lookup

Modification of Sentence Form

Traffic Court Phone Number: (916) 875-7800

Financial Hardship? You can request to go before the judge if your ticket is not in collections. – generally clerks refer people who ask about Ability to Pay to Legal Services. If your ticket is in collections and your case was filed at the Carol Miller Justice Center, you can submit an Ex Parte Application for Modification of Sentence 90 days after your most recent hearing, sentencing, or submission of this application (if you have already submitted this application, your circumstances must have changed in order to file another application). Generally the court will impose community service if it approves your application. Community service will involve paying fees through the sheriff’s office.

Attach supporting documents and bring the form to the clerk’s office or mail it to: Sacramento Superior Court, Traffic Division 301 Bicentennial Circle, Room 100 Sacramento, CA 95826 Community Service is handled through the alternative sentencing division of the sheriff’s office, (916) 874-1400 option 6. You fill out an application with them, they run a background check, review your schedule and set you up with a non-profit organization who will track hours and report back. If you cannot pay community service fees ($80, plus $15-30/day), you can set up a payment plan with the finance office in the alternative sentencing unit. Not clear if there is an option for a waiver of fees, determined on a case by case basis.

Driver’s License Hold/Suspension for Failure to Appear? Generally you will need to come to court and talk to the judge who might lift the hold. You can also get the hold lifted by going on a payment plan (it will be lifted after your first payment). Clerks can put you on a payment plan and you can make this request by mail. To start a payment plan you will need to pay 10% of the fine immediately and $50 fee.

Criminal records remedies

Get Legal Advice

If you need more information or support than what our resources above can provide, please contact us to speak to a member of our team.

Contact Us

Disclaimer: *The East Bay Community Law Center provides free legal services to eligible East Bay clients. Specific service criteria vary by subject matter and change over time, so please contact the office with any specific questions. EBCLC cannot provide legal information or advice via email. Please contact us during regular intake hours to determine eligibility for services.