Clean Slate referrals

Tehama County

Traffic court information

Traffic Court Website

Traffic Ticket Lookup

Traffic Court Phone Number: (530) 527-3563,  Press 1 then 7

Financial Hardship? You can get on a payment plan by submitting a letter pleading guilty and requesting to go on a payment plan. The clerks will mail you a payment plan agreement. Clerks can only authorize 3 month payment plans, and there is a $35 fee to get on a plan. If you need more than 3 months to pay, call the clerks to get your case placed on calendar and request a longer-term payment plan from the judge. If the judge grants your request then you will not have to pay a fee to get on the payment plan and there is no minimum amount you have to pay per month as long as you pay the full ticket amount by the date the judge sets. You can also request to satisfy your ticket by doing community service. To do this you will need to go before the judge. There is no fee to do community service.

If your case is in collections you cannot get on a payment plan — the court cannot make an order on the case anymore. If you are already on a payment plan and are in collections and you cannot make the minimum monthly payments because your financial circumstances changed (e.g. you lost job/got sick.etc.), first contact collections by calling them and see if you can work out a modified payment plan. However, they generally will not put people on payment plans lower than $50 per month (and the minimum could be higher if your fine is larger). If the minimum amount is too high for you to afford, you can ask collections to mail you a financial declaration to request to get your monthly payment amount lowered below the minimum.

If your case is in collections you will not be able to ask the judge to vacate the civil assessment fee.

Driver’s License Hold/Suspension for Failure to Appear? Contact the Collections office and get a Promise to Pay form from them, and make a down payment (the down payment is usually half the fine but collections might lower that initial payment it if you agree to pay a higher amount each month). The hold will be removed once you make your down payment.

Criminal records remedies

Self Help Assistance and Referral Program

Get Legal Advice

If you need more information or support than what our resources above can provide, please contact us to speak to a member of our team.

Contact Us

Disclaimer: *The East Bay Community Law Center provides free legal services to eligible East Bay clients. Specific service criteria vary by subject matter and change over time, so please contact the office with any specific questions. EBCLC cannot provide legal information or advice via email. Please contact us during regular intake hours to determine eligibility for services.