Clean Slate has teamed up with Code for America to offer an online application for people interested in Clean Slate Services. APPLY HERE
The Clean Slate Practice of the East Bay Community Law Center is focused on helping people who have had contact with the criminal justice system successfully rejoin their communities. Clean Slate attorneys and advocates can provide the following types of assistance:
- Certificate of Rehabilitation
- Dismissal of Conviction (“Expungement”)
- Early Termination of Probation
- Employment Denials Due to Criminal Background
- Errors on Commercial/Private Criminal Background Reports
- Felony Reduction / Prop 47 Relief
- Juvenile Record Sealing
- Occupational Licensing Denials (ex: DSS, Security Guard, CNA, etc.)
- Sealing of Arrest Record—Factual Innocence
- Voting Rights, Jury Service Rights
Want more information about Clean Slate? Click here!
Am I eligible for these services?
Free legal services are provided to individuals who:
- Have arrests/convictions from Alameda County
- Are not on parole or have completed at least half of their county probation term
* The East Bay Community Law Center provides free legal services to eligible East Bay clients. Specific service criteria vary by subject matter and change over time, so please contact the office with any specific questions.
** EBCLC cannot provide legal information or advice via email. Please contact us during regular intake hours to determine eligibility for services.
How do I receive these services?
Anyone interested in our clean slate services must obtain their statewide DOJ RAP Sheet.
For information on how to get your RAP sheet please call (510) 269-6647 or send an email to email@example.com with your name and mailing address.
After obtaining your RAP sheet, drop by one of our Joint Clinics where you may receive one on one consultation to determine what services we can provide. Please note that no appointment is necessary but you must have your RAP sheet. Clinic Flyers – English / Español
- Oakland Clinic:
- Where: Oakland Public Defender’s Office, 545 4th St, Oakland
- When: Every Thursday from 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Hayward Clinic:
- Where: Hayward Public Defender’s Office, 24085 Amador St, 2nd floor, Hayward
- When: Every Tuesday from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Referrals for other services