Job Announcement: Development & Communications AssistantWednesday, September 4, 2019
- Provide administrative support for fundraising database, including timely and accurate data entry.
- Process donations and gift acknowledgement letters
- Implement fundraising campaigns through mailings, donor recognition, and campaign correspondence.
- Provide central coordination and tracking for all development activities and calendars.
- Research institutional and individual prospects. Compile background information and briefing memos as needed.
- Assist in the assembly of grant reports and proposal submissions.
- Organize and maintain development and communication files.
- Prepare materials for meetings and produce follow-up materials as required.
- Coordinate logistics for fundraising events including donor briefings, small cultivation events, and annual events.
- Assist with website and all social media channel tasks.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- 2-3+ years administrative experience, preferably in a Fundraising/Development Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience with DonorPerfect or other Customer/Client Relationship Management system.
- Strong computer skills: Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented with proven time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary for this exempt position is $40,000 – $60,000 based on number of years of relevant experience, as dictated by the EBCLC salary scale.
Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) for employees and their dependents, life and disability insurance, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays); flexible spending accounts for qualified health, dependent care, and commute expenditures; and retirement options.
Professional development support includes membership in the relevant local, statewide, and/or national associations, as well as attendance at relevant conferences in accordance with EBCLC’s professional development policy and budget.
Interested applicants should submit application materials by email to email@example.com (include “Development & Communications Assistant” in the subject line).
Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis and will begin initial application reviews as early as September 16, 2019.
The position will remain open until filled. Application materials should include a cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for two professional references.
EBCLC is strongly committed to advancing justice through education, advocacy, and the need to transform legal services and legal education. Additionally, EBCLC is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace centered on equity and providing an inclusive, welcoming, and culturally responsive environment for all staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. To achieve this goal, EBCLC works actively to improve our office climate, systems and structures, communications, and community engagement to create an inclusive and respectful workplace that acknowledges and values differences.
Please take some time to review EBCLC’s mission, vision, programs, and website to ensure that your cover letter reflects how your background, experience, and expertise have prepared you to be successful in performing the responsibilities of this position. Please also address how your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural responsiveness and diversity among our staff.
We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. EBCLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal justice system, or any other basis prohibited by law.