EBCLC works to address these damaging policies and advance better economic opportunities for all Californians. As leaders in the field of occupational licensing reform, we authored and successfully lobbied for AB-2138, which opens pathways to family-sustaining careers to millions of Californians with past criminal convictions by creating new rules for the 41 licensing boards governed by California’s Department of Consumer Affairs. We are working to expand these same opportunities to people seeking careers as firefighters and caretakers.
- AB-677: Creating opportunities for Californians to seek employment as care providers
- Fighting for the rights of formerly incarcerated firefighters to pursue this career post-release
- Steering the Occupational Licensing Coalition
Recent Wins and Past Projects:
- AB-2138: Reforming 41 occupational licensing boards, restoring pathways to family-sustaining careers for 8 million Californians
- AB-1608: Reforming occupational licensing for care-workers
For more information, contact Co-Deputy Director Jay Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org.